About Jenkins Cleaners
Jenkins Cleaners is a family-owned business serving the Statesville area and beyond since 1946. We are specialized dry-cleaners that can handle any job — large or small. Please see our Services page for more detailed information about Jenkins Cleaners and our work.
Please come in and visit with our knowledgeable, friendly staff. You will see that your garments will be handled with the utmost care and professionalism. All orders are double checked to assure what is brought in is given back.
Our Time Line
- In 1928, G. Flake Jenkins started working for Blakenship Cleaners.
- Mr. Jenkins married Mary Catherine Gibson.
- Mr. Jenkins then received his WWll draft notice and served in Europe.
- Upon his return home, Mr. Jenkins used his Veteran's benefits under the GI Bill to start Jenkins Cleaners.
- Jenkins Cleaners opened May 27, 1946. The first "shop" was located at 1031 West Front Street.
- In 1959, Jenkins Cleaners moved to Statesville's now historic Forest Heights Shopping center where a drop store is still located.
- In 1972, the Jenkins' sold the business to their daughter and son-in-law, Lee and Helen Hollifield.
- After college, their son Kevin joined the Cleaners in 1996.
- In July 2000, they purchased a larger building in Downtown Statesville.
Family owned and operated for more than 70 years. As the premier dry cleaner in Statesville, NC, we look forward to helping all members of our community with their dry cleaning needs.